1. Android forum for all android lovers.Join us to get android news,android apps,and latest firmware for your android tablets,android phones.We can get all of China android tablets firmware for you.
  2. Moderator Team Recruitment,More information please visit here

How to upgrade Ampe A90 to the latest firmware

Discussion in 'Ampe Android Tablet' started by allisandroid, Jul 20, 2012.

1. allisandroid

allisandroid Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully this manual will help people to upgrade their Ampe A90 to new versions of the firmware as and when they are released.
    If you know of an easier way or spot any errors in this guide, then please let me know so I can update it.

Read me first !
    If this is your first time performing an upgrade of firmware on your Ampe, please follow the Setting up section and then proceed to the Flashing a new firmwaresection.
    Please also backup any data you want to keep when performing an upgrade !!

Setting up
    First of all you need to download LiveSuite from here, this is the program you will use to flash the firmware to your tablet.

Once this has downloaded, extract it and run LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe from the folder you extracted to.
    You may get a warning regarding an unsigned driver, if so then just accept and let the program run.
    You will notice that the folder now contains a few more files.

Now turn your tablet off completely and make sure it's disconnected from your computer.
    With the tablet turned off, hold down the VOL+ button and connect the tablet to your computer with the USB cable.
    With the VOL+ button still held down, tap the POWER button about 7 times.

Your computer should now recognise a new device and prompt you for drivers.
    You can now let go of the VOL+ and POWER button.
    Select the UsbDriver directory within the LiveSuitPack_v1.07 folder that you extracted earlier
    and if all goes well Windows should now have the drivers installed for the DFU mode of your tablet.

This version of LiveSuite you have just setup should be the one you should use from now on.

You can now either turn the tablet off and reboot back into Android or move onto flashing a new firmware.

Flashing a new firmware

First of all make sure you have the correct firmware to flash.
    You can get official firmware updates here, just look for the A90 files with the latest date.
    Once you have downloaded and extracted the firmware file, you will notice 3 folders.

• LiveSuit
    • PhoenixPro
    • A9701T or A90

It is worth noting that the version of LiveSuite included in these firmwares is usually all in chinese and I found to be buggier than the version at the top of this thread.
    The actual firmware files (ending in .img) can be found in the last folder A9701T Or A90 and it is worth renaming and copying them so that they don't contain any non English characters.

With your tablet turned off, hold down the VOL+ button and connect to your computer using the USB cable.
    Whilst keeping the VOL+ down, tap the POWER button about 7 times.
    You can now let go of the VOL+ and POWER button.

Now run LiveSuit.exe from the folder you extracted at the beginning of this thread.
    There will be a few messages that pop up asking if you want to do a general upgrade or format your tablet and flash the firmware.
    An upgrade should work fine, but I always like to format and start fresh just to make sure.

Once you have accepted all of the messages, you will prompted to select an image file.
    Select the image (.img) file that you downloaded and renamed earlier.

Hopefully all should go o.k. and after the flashing has finished, you can unplug it from your computer.
    Now turn the tablet on as normal and it should start booting back into Android.